Dozens of Charlotte small businesses have benefited from the city’s “Open for Business” program. ncIMPACT examines how this COVID-19 relief program is giving small businesses help when they need it the most.
Economic Mobility – For More Information
The Challenge – What is the problem communities are facing?
- Where is the Land of Opportunity? The Geography of Intergenerational Mobility in the United States
- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Opportunity Task Force Report
- Understanding Upward Mobility
- CBJ Morning Buzz: New report shows Charlotte’s economic strength — and mobility weakness
The Solution – What is the innovative solution we want to highlight?
- Charlotte Open for Business
- A two-part plan for saving Charlotte, N.C.’s small businesses
- City launching $30M small business recovery program on June 22
- How we rise: How social networks in Charlotte impact economic mobility
The Players – Who did what to make the innovative solution work in the community?
- Charlotte’s Small Business Community Recovery Task Force
- Leading on Opportunity
- Urban League of the Central Carolinas
- Foundation for the Carolinas
Promise – Why do we think this solution holds promise for other communities?
- Rebuild better: A framework to support an equitable recovery from COVID-19
- Local government support for small business recovery and reopening
- How Six Cities Are Pursuing Equity and Innovation in Economic Development
- Lessons Learned and Best Practices for Advancing Employment and Economic Mobility for Families: Integrated Service Delivery – April 2020