Get Set Transylvania
The “Get Set Transylvania” initiative began in 2015. Now, many families are moving to the area, in large part, because of its reputation as a great place to raise children.
Digital Extra 1:Get Set Transylvania draws national attention
Get Set Transylvania caught the attention of Sesame Street in Communities. The national organization helps communities give parents a toolkit of resources for their child’s health and education.
Digital Extra 2: Transylvania collaborates for early childhood development
Families in some rural areas of North Carolina struggle to find access to pre-school programs they know will give their children the launching pad they need to succeed. That’s why many are coming to Transylvania County where a new program was started in 2015 that emphasizes early childhood development. Anita Brown-Graham takes a look at the collaboration it took to make a difference.
Get Set Transylvania: For More Information
- The Challenge – What is the problem communities are facing?
- The Solution – What is the innovative solution we want to highlight?
- Early Child Initiative Now Called ‘Get Set Transylvania’ – Brevard NC
- North Carolina Early Childhood Action Plan
- The Players – Who did what to make the innovative solution work in the community?
- Get Set Transylvania
- Transylvania County
- The Family Place
- Smart Start of Transylvania County
- Transylvania County Library
- Sesame Street in Communities
- The Promise – Why do we think this solution holds promise for other communities?