Serving time in jail in many ways is not the end of punishment. The criminal conviction remains on your record after time served can present new challenges in the job search, getting an apartment, and even applying to school. Host Anita Brown-Graham looks at a program that offers legal relief to those stuck in limbo.
Collateral Consequences of the Justice System: For More Information
- The Challenge – What is the problem communities are facing?
- Collateral Consequences: The Crossroads of Punishment, Redemption, and the Effects on Communities
- UNC School of Government Background
- The Solution – What is the innovative solution we want to highlight?
- The Players – Who did what to make the innovative solution work in the community?
- North Carolina Pro Bono Resource Center
- Duke University School of Law
- C. Central University School of Law
- Southern Coalition for Social Justice
- The Promise – Why do we think this solution holds promise for other communities?
Pisgah Legal Services Expunction
Conserving the Landscape in the Face of Growth
S5E13 Season 5
The Arts as an Economic Engine
S5E12 Season 5
Engaging “Disconnected” Young Adults
S5E11 Season 5