Health outcomes are impacted by a person’s access to nutritious food, physical activity, education, and their job status. For high risk communities, improving outcomes means tackling these upstream issues with a multi-faceted approach. Learn about a collaboration happening in Gaston County to bring better outcomes to a low-income African American community.
Improving Health Outcomes
The Challenge – What is the problem communities are facing?
- Community-Centered Health Home developed by Prevention Institute
- The Community- Centered Health Home Model: Bridging Health Care and Community Health
- Community Centered Health in Gaston County, NC
The Solution – What is the innovative solution we want to highlight?
- Healthier Highland
- BUILD Health Challenge
- Community Centered Health Publication
- Highland Youth Garden to officially open Saturday
The Players – Who did what to make the innovative solution work in the community?
- Gaston Community Healthcare Commission
- History of Kintegra
- Interview with Donyel Barber
The Promise – Why do we think this solution holds promise for other communities?
- COVID—Gaston County launches mobile testing in African American communities
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina: Community Centered Health
Town Hall: Made in ENC – Talent & Economic Development
S4TH4 Season 4
Town Hall: Innovations Leading to Economic Mobility
S4TH3 Season 4
Town Hall: Improving Mental Healthcare Access
S4TH2 Season 4