North Carolina employers are eager to expand the pool of available and qualified potential employees, and workforce development agencies are seeking creative ways to bring more people into the workforce and assist them in efficiently acquiring needed skills. The ncIMPACT Initiative partnered with the NC Association of Workforce Development Boards and NC Department of Commerce to provide a unique opportunity for stakeholders of our state’s workforce to convene and explore strategies to attract and train the talent employers need.
This summit in May 2018 offered new tools and strategies to aid employers and workforce development agencies in rural, suburban, and urban communities across the state as they face a changing labor market. We appreciate the generous support of the N.C. Department of Commerce to underwrite the costs of this event and the participation of workforce development boards, community colleges, employers, chambers of commerce, state and local government officials, and policy organizations.
- North Carolina Workforce Data Resource Guide (July 2019)
- View Winning on Talent in N.C. and Refining the Role of Workforce Development
- View Assessing Your Region’s Skills Census and Gaps
- View Remarks by Governor Roy Cooper: NC Job Ready
- View Work-Based Learning and Local Innovations
- View Successful Strategies to Expand the Labor Pool
- View Employers Leading the Way
- View Strategic Discussions
- View Moving Forward Putting What We Learned into New Practices
- Agenda – Winning Strategies for Expanding N.C.’s Tightening Labor Market (pdf, 311 KB)
- Winning Strategies for Expanding NC’s Tightening Labor Market – Materials (pdf, 9 MB)